Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Calcium channel blocker
- Verapamil has a negative inotropic effect, and therefore causes perihperal and vasodilation
- decreases the demand for myocardial oxygen
- slows AV conduction and prevents reenrty during PSVT.
PSVT resistant to Adenosine
- cardiogenic shock
- hypovalemic shock
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome
- Patients should be supine when being administered Verapamil due to the
- potential for postural hypotension
SIDE EFFECTS :
- heart block
- 2.5 - 5 mg every 2-3 min, 5-10 mg can be given after 15-30 min if PSVT
- continues, with a max. dose of 30mg/kg in30 min.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview