The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. of the nature of or involving gross injury or wrong
2.grossly offensive to the sense of right or decency
3. passing reasonable bounds; intolerable or shocking:
4. violent in action or temper.
5. highly unusual or unconventional; extravagant; remarkable:
- Outrageous (adj.) outrage (n.)
- 1. an outrageous slander.2. outrageous behavior; an outrageous remark.
- 3. an outrageous price.
- 5. a child of the most outrageous precocity; a fancy diveperformed with outrageous ease.
tending toward or ready for confrontation
Confrontational (adj.) = Confrontative (adj.)
They came to the meeting with a confrontational attitude.
1. to face in hostility or defiance; oppose
2. to present for acknowledgment, contradiction, etc.; set faceto face
3. to stand or come in front of; stand or meet facing
4. to be in one's way
5. to bring together for examination or comparison.
- Confront (verb used with object)
- 1. The feuding factionsconfronted one another.
- 2. They confronted him with evidence of his crime.
- 3. The twolong-separated brothers confronted each other speechlessly.
- 4. the numerous obstacles that stillconfronted him.
1. an outgoing, gregarious person.
2. Psychology . a person characterized by extroversion; a person concerned primarily with the physical and social environment (opposed to introvert)
3. marked by extroversion
-verb (used with object)
4. Psychology . to direct (the mind, one's interest, etc.)outward or to things outside the self.
Extrovert (n.) (adj.) (v.)
1. to exclude, by general consent, from society, friendship,conversation, privileges, etc.
2. to banish (a person) from his or her native country;expatriate.
3. (in ancient Greece) to banish (a citizen) temporarily bypopular vote.
Ostracize (verb, used with object) Ostracized (adj.)
1. His friends ostracized himafter his father's arrest.
for someone who is rude, bold enough to do sth in public without apologies
= How dare you do sth...
= You've got a lot of nerve to do sth...