Intro to Business
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
Car, food, and clothing
A service, an idea
Land, forests,etc. (not made by people)
Physical/mental abilities used by people to produce goods and services
funds necessary to acquire needed natural and human resources.
Questions for economic systems
- 1. What goods and services and what quantity will satisfy the needs of the customer?
- 2. How will the goods and services be produced?
- 3. How are goods and services to be distributed to the consumer?
Types of Economic systems
Role of entrepreneur
An individual who risks his/her wealth,time,and effort to develop for profit an innotative product or way of doing something.
Role of government
federal,state,and local governments intervene in the economy with laws and regulations designed to promote competition, protect consumers,employees, and the environment.
the number pf products that businesses are willing to sell at different prices at a specific time;consumer ususally buy more of the product when the price falls
The number of goods and services that consumers are willing to buy at different prices at a specific time;businesses are usully willing to supply more of a good at higher prices because the potential profits are higher.
the principles and standards that define acceptable conduct in business.
A business's obligation to maximize its positive impact and minimize its negative impact on society.
- is an identifiable problem, situation, or opportunity that requires a person to choose from among several actions that maybe evaluated as right or wrong,ethical or unethical.
- Fear of not remaining anonymous
- Feared retaliation form supervisor or management
- Did not believe action would be taken.
Ethical Issues Categories
- Conflict or Interest-when a person chooses to advance their own personal interest or those of others.
- Fairness and Honesty-heart of business ethics;general values of decision makers
- Communications-False and misleading
- Business Relationship-must be ethical towards their customers
The process of creating and managing a business to achieve a desired objective.
any independently owned and operated business that is not dominant in its competitive area and employs fewer than 500 people.
Advantages of owning a small business
- Freedom of choice
- the option of working at home
Primary Forms of business organizations
- Sole Proprietor-is a business owned and operated by one individual
- Partnership-is an association of two or more persons who carry on as co-owners of a business for profit.
- Corporation-Legal entity,created by the state,whole assets and liabilities are seperate from its owners.domestic,foreign,alien,private
Advantages of franchise
- Management training
- Brand name appeal
- national advertising
- Proven products and business formats
Disadvantages of Franchise
- Fees and profit sharing
- Strict adherence to standardize operations
- Restrictions on purchasing
- limited product line
- marker saturation
- provides products,especiallyservices, for some purposes other than profits.
- Salvation Army
- colleges and universities
- Environmental-animal rights, pollution, global warming
- community-responsibility to the general welfare of the community.
Measuring the economy
Gross domestic product-the sum of all goods and services produced in a country during a year.
Code of Ethics
- Formalized rules and standards that describe what a company expects of its employees.
- Whistleblowing-when a employee exposes a emplyers wrongdoing to outsiders.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview