Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Retributive theory of justice?
- How they should act together.
- ( Eye for an Eye) ( Old Testiment
Distributive theory of Justice?
- We should be as sympathetic as can be to any person.
- ( Turn the other Cheek ) ( New Testament )
Meritocratic theory of Justice?
- Treating by your mending standard
- ( Merit ) ( Ranking ) ( Standards )
Human Nature Character Traits?
All human share. In our DNA..
Individual Nature Character traits?
Temperature. Shy. Cheerful... Lazy..... Calm
Learned Character Traits?
Parents in force.
Chosen Character traits?
What you chose.
- Someone who ask the question is their a higher power
- Believe in ( GODS )
- Someone who believes their isn't a God.
- Believe in Nature not a Being .
- Don't know enough yet to believe.
- Open Minded
Arguments for their is a Theism?
- 1. First Cause Argument
- 2. The Intellectual Design Argument
First Cause Argument?
Theism.... Everything we see has to had a cause.. Cause of Universe leads to God.. God being UnCaused
Intellectual Design Argument?
If something has a design to it their must have been an intelligent who can make it. Universe has a design. Designer must be God..
Argument for Atheist?
1. Argument of Evil
Argument of Evil?
If you believe in God the perfect being God then why is their evil in the universe.
- You got everything to gain nothing to lose.
- Meaning if you go against hell you lost everything.
3 form of Egoism?
- 1. Crude Egoism
- 2. Hedonistic Egoism
- 3. Rational Egoism
- Abides by the principal but never helps anyone.
- (ME, ME, Me) ( TAKER ) ( SELFISH)
- Immediately does it for pleasure what will make me feel good.
- ( Sensory Pleasure )
I will always THINK before I act. Thinks for long run..
- One does by nature and one ought to do whatever best promotes one's own individual well being and survival/
- ( One should be primarily self interested )
One ought to do whatever best promotes the well being & survival of others.
Social Principal of Egoism?
In helping others ones ought never to sacrifice for them nor expect them to sacrifice for you.
Two kinds of Helping?
- 1. Sacrificial Helping
- 2. Egoistic Helping
Help another person without any consideration ( Calculation ) in return
When a person helps another person while all the time considering ( calculating ) something in return
Theory of knowledge
True belief through reason
Plato the mind?
- Asserting our will
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview