Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Meeting was held...
Philadelphia. May 25, 1787
55 Delegates from all states except Rhode Island
Experience of these delegates ...
- Service in the American Revolution.
- 39 served in Continental Congresses or Confederatation Congress.
- 8 served in thier state constituional conventions.
Who was presided...
william Jackson keeped a ...
James Madison keep personal papers called ...
The Notes and has been labeled the Father of the Constition
The decisio nwas reached to form a new government, and NOT to reform the Articles was..
The great Agreement
Large states. Edmund Randolph. 3 branches chosen by congress. bicameral. based on population. Lower house to be elected by the people. upper house to be chosen by the house.
- Small States.
- William Paterson.
- 3 branches chosen by congress.
- based on equality. one vote per state. selected by the state legisatures.
- Roger Sherman.
- 3 branches. all be separate.
- Lowe House based on population and elected by the people.
- upper house has 2 from each state members to be selected by the state legislatures.
slaves to be counted for taxation but not represtentation
slavery issue ... south
slaves to be counted for representation but not taxation
regulatio nof trade to rprotect industries
no interference into trade since they feared disruption of slave trade
compromise for commerce...
the national government to regulate forieign commerce, interstae commerce , and trade with indian tribes.
could not tax exports.
selection of the president... direct selection
to be chosen by the people.
selection of president... indirect selectoin
chosen by congress (prblem of seperation of powers)
chosen by state legislatures (problem of regionalism)
John Locke..Two Treatises on Government
- sanctity of private property.
- the needd of government.
- nature of man
Commentaries on the Laws of england
analysis of various lawas and powers of government
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview