Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1. artfully or affectedly shy or reserved; slyly hesitant; coquettish.
- 2. shy; modest.
- 3. showing reluctance, esp. when insincere or affected, to reveal one's plans or opinions, make a commitment, or take a stand: The mayor was coy about his future political aspirations.
- 2. in lieu of, in place of; instead of: He gave us an IOU in lieu of cash.
- 1. at a distance, esp. in feeling or interest; apart: They always stood aloof from their classmates.
2. reserved or reticent; indifferent; disinterested: Because of his shyness, he had the reputation of being aloof.
- 1. a minor weakness or failing of character; slight flaw or defect: an all-too-human foible.
- 2. the weaker part of a sword blade, between the middle and the point (opposed to forte ).
- –noun, plural -sies.
- 1. a characteristic, habit, mannerism, or the like, that is peculiar to an individual.
- 2. the physical constitution peculiar to an individual.
- 3. a peculiarity of the physical or the mental constitution, esp. susceptibility toward drugs, food, etc. Compare allergy (def. 1).
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview