The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- the variable that is changed, varied or manipulated.
- Always on x-axis
- the response that is measured
- always on y-axis.
Identifying depende or independet variable
- something depends on something
- ex. number of parking spots depends on the time of day.
- # of parking spots - dependent variable
- time of day - independent variable
- tentative, testable explanation for an observed phenomenon "educated guess".
- Provide any information used to maked the "educated guess"
- System of answering questions
- Conclusion (accept or reject the hypothesis)
- data that can be counted using whole numbers or data that fist into a sicrete category
- ex. class size, type of paper towel
- can have an infinite number of decimals and fractions.
- ex. temprature, weight, height.
does not receive any treatment
receives some type of treatment
How to make a testable question?
- what is the effect _____on_____?
- ex. what is the effect of water on plant growth?