AP 1 Ch 5 review
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Complex nonliving material between cells and tissue
- Components: water, proteins (structural, glycoproteins)
- Prteoglycans (mostly carbohydrates attached to protein backbone, give ECM thickness & shock absorption)
- Funtions: binds tissue together, Allow communication among ECM and various cells through connection via integrins in plasma membrane.
- Membranous (covering), Glanular (secretory units of endocrine & exocrine glands)
- Functions: protection, sensory funtions, secretion, absorbtion, excretion
- close proximity with many desmosomes & tight juntions
- capable of reproduction
Classification of membranous epithelial tissue
- Based on cell shape: Squamous, Cuboidal, Columnar, Psudostratified columnar
- Based on layers of cells:
- -simple squamous- one cell layer of flat cells, permeable to many substances (lines blood vessels & pleura)
- - simple cuboidal- one cell layer of cuboidal-shaped cells, found in many glands & ducts
- - simple columnar- single layer of tall, column-shaped cells, cells often modified for certain functions such as goblet cells, cilia, microvilli;
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview