The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- -"Grand Old Man"
- - Brigadier General
- - commandant in 1820 held command 39 years
- -Introd higher standards of personal appereance/training/discipline/professional military force
- -Sergeant Major John Quick
- -Cuzco Well, where he participated to seize advanced base for ATL Flt Btl for Marines
- -Medal of honor recipient for semaphoring for emergency lift of naval bombardment under spanish and merican shellfire
- -Sergeant Major Dan Daly
- -2 MOH's
- -Chinese Boxer Rebellion
- -1st Caco war in Haiti
- - "come on you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?"
- -Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
- -Nicaragua/Honduran boarder, puller and 32 marines became famous for their ability to engage rebels grps and secure wide area.
- -Tiger of the mountain (1930)
- -MAJ. Gregory R "Pappy" Boyington
- - Great aerial DogFighter ACE
- -VMH-214 "black Sheep" in WWII
- -28 Victories
- -CPL. Ira H Hayes
- -Pima Indian
- -2nd Flag Raising on Mt. Suribachi after stronghold taken in 23Feb1945
- -Pvt. Opha Mae Johnson
- - First enlisted woman in USMC on 13Aug1918
- - Skirt marines/ Marinettes
- -B. General Margaret A. Brewer
- -Director of Women Marines 1973-1977
- -7th and last director only post-WW woman to hold that title
- - 1st woman General Officer 11 May 1978