Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Rebuilding the walls
Rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem and Reforming the People
- I. Nehemiah's First Term of Governship (1-12)
- II. Nehemiah's Second Term of Governship (13)
NEHEMIAH KEY CHAPTERS: 1
1 Nehemiah's prayer
NEHEMIAH KEY CHAPTERS: 2
2 Artaxerxes sends Nehemiah to Jerusalem
NEHEMIAH KEY CHAPTERS: 3-6
3-6 Nehemiah rebuilds the wall amidst opposition
NEHEMIAH KEY PASSAGE: 8:4-8
- 8:4-8 Presentation of the Law by Ezra to the people "And they read from the book, from the law of God, translating to give the sense so that they understood the reading." (v. 8)
- "And they read from the book, from the law of God, translating to give the sense so that they understood the reading." (v. 8)
NEHEMIAH KEY PEOPLE: Artaxerxes
- Artaxerxes - Persian King who was the son of Xerxes I and Vashti; stepson of Esther.
- He allowed the Jews to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem under the leadership of Nehemiah
NEHEMIAH KEY PEOPLE: Nehemiah
Nehemiah - Artaxerxes' cupbearer, Governor of Judea, Supervisor of construction.
NEHEMIAH KEY PEOPLE: Sanballat
Sanballat - influential Samaritan; sought to end construction on the walls; sought to assassinate Nehemiah.
NEHEMIAH KEY PEOPLE: Ezra
Ezra - Great reformer, expert in the Law. He had the leadership in Israel put away their foreign wives.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview