The Rise Of Sumer
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
a City state is....
- countryside areas-farmers
- urban areas-center of society
city states fought each other to...
gain farmland, they had strong armies to defend
In which year the akkadians attack the sumerians
Sumer and northern Mezopotamia
when Sargon died...
it was a century of ups and downs
Ur rebuilt it's strenghts and conquered Mezopotamia
- political stability
- sumerians were the power of civilization
- basis for sumerian society, polytheism
- * Priests had great status and made offerings to gods
- crafts people, merchants and traders
- worcking class
priestess, first female writer
how the sumerians called Mezopotamia
consisted of a central city and all the country side around it
land with different territories and people under a single rule
the worship of many gods
people who performed or led religious ceremonies
the division of society by rank or class
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview