Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what is the loading dose in pediatrics for procainamide
15 mg/kg IV/IO over 30-60 min
what is the maintnence infusion of procainamide in adult?
1-4mg/min (dilute in D5W or NS)
dosage of procainamide in adult for other indications
- 20mg/min IV infusion until any one of the following occurs:
- arrhythmia suppresion
- QRS widens by greater than 50% of its pretreatment width
- total dose of 17mg/kg has been met
dosage of procainamide for urgent situations in adult
up to 50mg/min (max of 17mg/kg)
dosage of procainamide in adult for recurrent v-fib/ pulseless v-tach
20 mg/min iv infusion (max. 17mg/kg)
how is procainamide supplied
- 1. 1g in 10ml vials(100mg/ml)
- 2. 1g in 2ml vials (500mg/ml) for infusion
side effects of procainamide
- 1. widening of PR, QRS, QT intervals
- 2. AV heart block
- 3. hypotension
- 4. reflex tachycardia
- 5. bradycardia
major contraindications of procainamide?
- 1. torsade de pointes
- 2. 2nd or 3rd degree block (without pacemaker)
- 3. digitalis toxicity
- 4. tricyclic antidepresent overdose
indications for use of procainamide?
- 1. stable monomorphic v-tach with normal QT interval
- 2. reentry SVT uncontrolled by vagal maneuvers & adenosine
- 3. stable wide complex tachcardia of unknown origin
- 4. atrial fibrilation with rapid ventricular rate in patients with wolff-parkinson white syndrome
what type of drug is procainamide?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview