The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Purpose of surveys
To obtain info necessary to fulfill the purpose of the study that cannot be obtained in other way
Types of survey study designs
- Cross-sectional surveillance
- Cross-sectional intervention
- Group comparison
- Cohort study
- Panel study
How many times is data collected in a cross-sectional survey?
How many times is data collected in a cross-sectional surveillance?
Survey used to describe population characteristics at a given point in time
Survey used for planning or observing changes over time as a consequence of normal events
Examples of survey designs
What created the IRB, OHRP (office for human research protection) to protect human subjects?
Code of Federal Regulations (Title 45, Part 46)
Roles of surveys in medical research
- Needs assessment
- Assess quality of life
- Measure access to health care
- Evaluate programs and interventions
- Evaluate access, dissemination and use of info
- Access knowledge, attitudes, perceptions, beliefs, satisfaction with services or quality of life
Survey used for evaluating an intervention
Used to make in depth descriptive observations. Data is collected multiple times