Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what is the nebulizer treatment dose for peds. of albuterol
2.5 mg (0.5 ml of the 0.083% solution) added to 2 ml of ns over 10-15 min. may repeat every 20 min. up to three times
what is the dose of albuterol for an adult with an MDI?
1-2 inhalations (90-180mcg) 5 min between inhalations
what is the dosage for an adult albuterol nebulizer treatment?
2.5mg(0.5ml of the 0.5% solution) added to 2 ml of ns over 10-15 min. may repeat every 20 min. up to three times
how is albuterol supplied?
- 1. solution for aerosolization: 0.5% (5mg/ml)
- 2. metered dose inhaler: 90mcg/metered spray (17g canister with 200 inhalations)
- 3. syrup: 2mg/5ml
what are the side effects of albuterol?
- 1. restlessness
- 2. palpitations
- 3. tachycardia
- 4. peripheral vasodialation
- 5. hyperglycemia
what are the contraindications of albuterol?
- 1. known prior hypersensitivity
- 2. tachycardia arrhythmias, especially those caused by digitalis
- 3. synergistic with other sympathomimetics
what are the indications for use of albuterol?
- 1. treatment of bronchospasm in patients with reversilbe obstructive airway disease(copd/asthma)
- 2. prevention of exercise-induced bronchospasm
what class of drug is albuterol?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview