Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Characteristics of C.T.
highly vascularized, multicellular, non-cellular/non-living matrix between cells
Embryonic C.T.: Mesenchyme
- gives rise to all other C.T. types
- wrap/cushin organs.
- under epithelia (papillary layer)
- reserve fuel, insulation
- under skin, abdomen
- soft internal skeleton, supports other cells
- Lymphoid organs (lymph nodes, spleen, bone marrow)
Dense Regular C.T.
- attaches muscle to bone
Dense Irregular C.T.
- provide structural support
- dermis of skin (reticular layer)
- ends of long bones
- maintain shape but allow flexibility
- external ear (pinna)
- shock absorbtion
- intervertebral disks
- transport respiratory gases, nutrients
- vithin blood vessels
Nerve Cell (neuron)
- transmit electrical signal
- brain, spine
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview