Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
-Volunteering is an integral part of the US welfare system.
- → volunteer (n)
- eine ehrenamtliche Tätigkeit ausüben; sich freiwillig für etw. melden
- The programme will take approximately six weeks, maybe a few days more.
- Big nonprofit organisations such as the Red Cross, Oxfam or Greenpeace act internationally.
nicht kommerziell; gemeinnützig
- unassisted; without help
- to single-handedly change/do/accomplish sth
- a disparity between sth and sth else
- → disparate (adj)
to make a difference
- By donating only two euros a month, you can make a difference in a child’s life today!
etw. bewegen; etw. verändern
- I’m sorry for the inconvenience. I hope you didn’t have to wait too long.
- to make an effort to do sth; to be (not) worth the effort; a team effort
- She has stopped smoking now, which is of great benefit to her health.
- → to benefit from sth (v)
Gewinn; Nutzen; Beihilfe; Unterstützung
- If you have/feel a lot of compassion for others, you are a caring and sensitive person.
- → compassionate (adj)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview