The flashcards below were created by user
- The number of households of only one person is on the rise.
- to overturn a government/a decision/an image
umstürzen; zu Fall bringen
- not very high quality
- He has little or no social life and has severe problems in making friends.
gesellschaftliches Leben; Privatleben
to fulfill (AE)
- to fulfil one’s dreams/potential
- → fulfilled (adj): a fulfilled life; fulfilment (n); fulfilling (adj)
- population that is getting older and older
- a cohabiting couple
(in eheähnlicher Gemeinschaft) zusammenleben
to work long hours
- The job is well-paid, but you have to work long hours, and sometimes during the weekend.
- someone who studies human behaviour in society, e.g. social institutions and organisations and how they interact with the individual
- → sociology (n); sociological (adj)
- Stir until the powder has dissolved.
- During his gap year he travelled and worked in Australia, but he went back to England for university.
freies Jahr zwischen Schulabschluss und Studienbeginn
launch a career
- The unexpected success of her short films helped her launch a career as a serious film director.
eine Karriere starten
Englisch voc bis 07.10.10