The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Why are the stratum lucidum and stratum corneum of epidermis almost exclusively dead?
the reason why the stratum lucidum and the stractum corneum are almost exclusively dead its because once you pass the stratum granulosum is the highest level of diffusion, anything above tat are dead cells because their further from the blood
What are the refions/layers of the dermins, and how do they differ?
the layers of the dermis are papillary layer and reicular layer. the papillary layer is a areolar connective tissue with collagen and elastic and hae the dermal papilae. the reticular layer is dense irregular connective tissue, packed collagen fibers, and, is most of the dermis
describe the classes of cuaneous glands. are they exocrine or endocrine?
There are two types of cutaneous glands, sweat glands and sebaceous glands. sweat glands make two types of sweat, eccrine and apocrine. eccrine is found all over, the sweat has no smell and its made from mostly water and some salts. apocrine makes the smelly sweat, and made from proteins and sugars, which makes its a milky sweat. this kind is found in the anus, genitals and axillary.
Know the signs and symptoms of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree burns, know the clinical definition of the "critical" burn. what are the common causes of burn mortality?
- a burn can be caused by heat, radiation, electricity and chemicals.
- partial- thickness burns are:
- -1st degree burns: they are considered minor, the eperdmis is damaged and redness of the skin (sunburn)
- -2nd degree burn: the eperdmis is dead and the dermis is damaged (blisters)
- -3rd degree burn: the eperdermis and dermis are dead and the hypredermis may be damaged (black charged skin)
- a crtical burn is 25% of the body burned in 2nd degree burn or 10% of the body burned in 3rd degree. any of the face because of sweeling of the thorat to block the airflow or hand and feet due to the blood flow. the common causes of burn mortality is from fluid loss (water) or catch a infection.
Review major skin cancers (cause, compare).
the major skin cancers are three, basal cell carcinoma, squamos cell carcinoma and melanoma (veyr dangerous) the cause of the basel cell carinoma is the striatum basale cells proliferate, invading the dermis and hypodermis. occurs more often on sun exposed areas. the cause of squamos all carinoma is it aries from the kertinocytes of the strratum spinosum,. most often found in the head (scalp, ears, and lower lip) and hands the cause of melanoma can form anywhere theirs a pigment
How does shingles differ from chickenpox?
chicken pox differs from shingles because chicken pox is a virus called varicella zoster virus, its widespread, when the person is young. shingles is worst, looks like a rash, it follow a single nerve.
Compare Herpes simplex I and II, and herpes zoster varicella virus.
HSV(Herpes simplex virus) has two types Type I and Type II. HSV Type I s given by physical contact on the head level. They are cold sores on mouth, face, nose. even when they go away they arent fully gone. they hang out by the nasal area, stress or lack of sleep can bring them back. HSV Type II is on the spinal level, this is genital herpes, and can be transmitted sexually, they are blisters in the genital and cause pain. if someone has HSV Type I and gives oral sex, they can potientally give that person HSV Type II.