Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
MOA of sildenafil?
PDE5 inhibitors: increase the normal response of the penile vasculature to NO
VIAGRA: generic name and strengths
- 25, 50 and 100mg
- Dose: 1h before sex
Why sildenafil should be used with caution in pilots?
Blue/green colors altered
LEVITRA: generic name and strengths
- 2.5, 5, 10 and 20mg QD
CIALIS: generic name and strengths
- 5, 10 and 20mg
- Long-acting (duration 24-48hs)
MUSE: generic name and strengths
- Pellets: 125, 250, 500 and 1000mcg (urethral suppository)
- Onset: 5-10min
- Duration 30-60min
Main caution related to MUSE?
- Priapism (erection lasting >6h) that can lead to clots
- Tx: epinephrine, phenilephrine, or surgery
Drugs for overactive bladder?
- Oxybutin (DITROPAN)
- Tolterodine (DETROL)
- L-hyosciamine (LEVSIN)
DITOPRAN: generic name and strengths
- Tabs: 5mg
- Syrup: 5mg/5ml
- XR tab (DITROPAN XL): 5, 10 and 15mg
- Transdermal (OXYTROL): 3.9mg/day
DITROPAN dose frequency?
- Tabs and Syrup: BID-QID
- XR: QD
- Transdermal patch: twice a week
Strategies to tx urinary incontinence?
- Limit caffeine
- Drink less in PM
- Create time for urination
- Kegel exercises
DETROL: generic name and strengths
- Tolterodine, TOL-TE-RO-DI-NE
- Tab:1, 2mg
- XR caps (DETROL LA): 2, 4mg
Advantage of DETROL over DITROPAN?
- Bladder selective
- Less dry mouth than DITROPAN
LEVSIN: generic name and strengths
- LEVSIN SL and oral tab: 0.125mg
- LEVSIN elixir: 0.125mg/5ml
- Drops: 0.125mg/ml
- Oral desintegrating tab (NULEV): 0.125mg
- Long-acting (LEVSINEX) caps: 0.375mg;
- LEVBID caps: 0.375mg
Used in hospice pts (terminally ill) as sputum and saliva drying agent?
- HYPREX, UREX - methenamine hippurate
- MANDELAMINE - methelamine mandelate
Which methelamine product contains Yellow Dye #5 (tartarazine) and should be used with caution in COPD/asthma and ASA allergy pts.
Nitrofurantoin: brand name and strengths
- MACRODANTIN: 25, 50 and 100mg
- MACROBID: 100mg
- Can cause pulmonary adverse effects
- Severe cough and interstitial pneumonitis
- CHRONI use: can cause permanent damage (pulmonary fibrosis or resp failure, even if drug is withdrawn)
NOROXIN: generic name and strengths
- Norfloxacin 400mg
- Dose: 400mg BID
Class of drugs used for BPH?
- 5-alpha reductase inhibitors (finasteride, dutasteride)
- alpha-1 receptor blockers (tamsulosin, alfuzosin)
PROSCAR: generic name and strengths
- Finasteride 1mg or 5mg
- 1mg: propecia
- 5mg QD: BPH
AVODART: generic name and strengths
Dutasteride caps 0.5mg QD
FLOMAX: generic name and strengths
- Tamsulosin 0.4mg QD usually 8PM
- In AM can cause dizzness
- Can be used with PROSCAR
UROXATRAL: generic name and strengths
- Alfuzosin 10mg QD after the same meal
- Interaction with CYP3A4 inhibitors
PYRIDIUM: generic name and strengths
- Tabs: 100, 200
- PYRIDIUM Plus: 150mg + 0.3mgbutalbital + 15mg hyosciamine
- OTC: AZO Standard
Cause change in urine color?
URISED: generic name and strengths
- Methenamine + phenyl salicylate + sulfate + hyosciamine + benzoic acid + methilene blue
- 2 QID (meals and HS)
- May discolor urine
- Similar product: PROSED D/S
Topical analgesic effect on urinary tract mucosa
Precaution in G6PD deficiency patients
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview