Neurotransmitters and their functions:
1. Acetylcholine (ACH) - enables muscle action; regulates attention, learning memory, sleeping, and dreaming.
2. Dopamine - influences movement, motivation, emotional pleasure, and arousal.
3. Glutamate - A major excitatory nt involved in learning and memory.
4. GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) - primary inhibitory nt.
5. Norepinephrine - helps control mood and arousal.
6. Serotonin - regulates hunger, sleep, arousal, and agressive behaviour.
7. Endorphins - Act within the pain pathways and emotion centers of the brain.