fars part 65
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Eligibility requirements: general
- -Be at least 18 years old
- -Be able to read, write, speak, and understand the english language
- -A certificated mechanic who applies for an additional rating must do so within a 24 month period.
The applicant must pass each section of the test before applying for the oral and practical test
General privileges and limitations
A certificated mechanic may perform or supervise the maintenance, preventive maintenance, or alteration of an aircraft or appliance.
Recent experience requirements
Has used his mechanic certificate for at least 6 months within the preceding 24 month period.
Display of certificate
- -Each person who holds a mechanic certificate shall keep it within the immediate area.
- -Shall present it upon request to the FAA,NTS,or law enforcement officer.
- -Must hold A&P rating for at least 3 years.
- -Have been actively engaged, for at least the 2 year period before the date he applys
Application and Issue
- -An appliccant who meets the requirement of part 65 is entitled to an appropriate certificate and rating.
- -If certificate is revoked applicant must wait one year before reapplying.
Offenses involving alcohol or drugs
-Denial of application for up to one year after the date of final conviction.
Not more than 120 days, pending review of his application and supplementary documents
No person is eligible to hold a certificate when the (TSA) has notified the FAA that the person posses a security threat.
Duration of certificates
-Is effective until it is surrendered,suspended, or revoked.
Change of name
Is made by letter to the Department of Transportation, FAA, Airmen Certification Branch, Oklahoma City,OK
Test: General procedure
Minimum passing grade for each test is 70 percent
Written Test: Cheating
If cout cheating must wait one year after the date of that act before retest
Change of address
Must be maid within 30 days to Airman certification branch,post office, OKLAHOMA,OK
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview