Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Suffering and Sovereignty
Jehovah is Sovereign
- Offer worship to God regardless of circumstances
- Bad circumstances are not always due to sin
- I. The Disasters of Job (1 - 2) I. Calamity
- II. The Dialogues of Job (3 - 37) II. Counsel
- III. The Deliverance of Job (38 - 42) III. Contrition
JOB KEY CHAPTER 1
1-2 Job's accusation and affliction
JOB KEY CHAPTER 3-37
3-37 Job's friends' counsel
JOB KEY CHAPTER 38-41
38-41 Job's interrogation by God
JOB KEY CHAPTER 42
42 Job's repentance and restoration
"If a man dies will he live again?" Hope of immortality & glorification
"I know that my Redeemer lives." Hope of coming redeemer, bodily resurrection
"When He has tried me, I will come forth as gold"
He... hangs earth on nothing. When the Bible speaks about science, it is true
"And the Lord blessed the latter day sof Job more than his beginning."
JOB KEY PEOPLE: Job
- Job - "A blameless and upright man who feared God and turned away from evil." He continued to worship and trust God despite extreme testing
- Satan - tried to got Job to curse God.
- Eliphaz - "If you sin, you suffer." (4:8; 22:23) Gave bad and unkind counsel based on the assumptions of his
- experience (4:7-9)
- Bildad - "You must be sinning." (8:6,8; 18:21; 25:4). Gave insulting and bad counsel based on the assumptions of his traditions (8:8-10)
- Zophar - "You are sinning." (11:4-6; 20:5) Gave bad counsel based upon the assumptions of his religious convictions (11:5,6,13-15); he also was very defensive (20:2,3
- Elihu - A young friend of Job who gave counsel that was wiser than those older than him (32:1-5) "God purifies and teaches the righteous"; He was against Job's self-righteousness (33:8-12, 29-30).
JOB KEY PEOPLE: Satan
Satan - tried to get Job to curse God
JOB KEY PEOPLE: Eliphaz
Eliphaz - "If you sin, you suffer." Experience teaches that sin leads to suffering
JOB KEY PEOPLE: Bildad
Bildad - "You must be sinning." Traditions teach that sin leads to suffering
JOB KEY PEOPLE: Zophar
Zophar - "You are sinning." Religion teaches that sin leads to suffering
JOB KEY PEOPLE: Elihu
Elihu - A young friend of Job who gave counsel that was wise than those older than him (32:1-5) "God purifies and teaches the righteous"; he was against Job's self-righteousness
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview