Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what two types of data are part of the assessment phase?
- subjective data
- objective data
what is subjective data
- observation and interaction with pt
- chief complaint
- perception of health
- care and value placed on oral health
what is objective data?
- physical and oral assessments
- clinical and radiographic records
- probing depths
- loss of periodontal attachments
- carious lesions
- defective restorations
what are the risks that are part of diagnosis?
- actual risks
- potential risks
what are the two parts of diagnosis?
- data processing
- formulate the DH diagnosis
what is data processing?
- part of diagnosis
- critical thinking skills
what are the 6 parts of the DH care planning?
- establishing priorites
- setting goals
- determining interventions
- identifying outcomes
- present DH care plan to pt
- receive an informed consent from pt
what is implementation and who carries it out?
- putting care plan into action
- patient, DH or other based on needs
what is the purpose of evaluation?
determine if pt needs to be re-treated, referred or maintained
how do you carry out evaluations?(4)
- compare current health status to baseline
- asses progress towards goals
- determine change or modification of care plan
- determine maintenance schedule
what is maintenance?
- part of evaluation
- continuing care or supportive therapy
- 3,4,or6 months
who must be put on a maintenance plan?
all patients must be put on a maintenance plan to prevent progression or recurrence of disease and maintain health
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview