NO. 1 and NO. 2 GEN OFF Cautions.
Should both generators fail, both transformer-rectifiers will also be disabled. This condition will be indicated by loss of both AFCS (which can result in abrupt attitude changes) the lighting of both AFCS, OFF, GEN OFF, and RECT OFF caution. Since there will be a loss all primary attitude, instrument, navigation and stabilization systems, the primary concern is to land as soon as possible and the secondary concern is to restore electrical power. The only electrical power available will be 24 VDC from the battery.
: If both generators fail, the main tank boost pumps will be inoperative. If flight is conducted above 6,000 feet PA, descend below 6,000 feet PA as soon as possible to avoid a dual engine flameout. If applicable, reduce airspeed to 100 KIAS or Vne, whichever is slower. LCT and DASH actuators will remain programmed at the airspeed at which the generators failed.
Land as soon as possible
- If unable to land proceed as follows:
- 1. Airspeed — Below 100 KIAS.
- 2. Altitude — Below 6,000 feet PA.
- 3. AFCS — OFF.
- 4. PDPs — Check circuit breakers and place gang bars down.
- 5. Each GEN switch — OFF RESET, then ON.
- Electrical power is restored (from either generator):
- Land as soon as possible.
- Electrical power is not restored (from either generator):
- 1. APU — Start.
- 2. APU GEN — ON.
- 3. Land as soon as possible.