The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
the ____ ____ are necessary for comprehensive patient care. Why?
- dental radiographs
- identify conditions that may go undected
a photographic image produced on film b the passage of xrays through teeth and supporting structures is?
a dental radiograph
what are the uses of the dental radiographs?
- detect disease, lesions and conditions
- confirm suspected disease
- localize lesions and foreign objects
- show changes secondary to trauma, caries, perio
what is the primary benefit of dental radiographs?
detections of disease
the benefit of _____ _____ far outweighs the risk of small doses of _____
- disease detection
what is the information found on dental radiographs (8)?
- missing teeth
- extra teeth
- impacted teeth
- dental cares
- periodontal disease
- tooth abnormalities
- retained roots
- cysts and tumors
who is the dental radiographer?
any person who positions, exposes and processes dental xray film
to be a competent dental radiographer ____ knowledge of dental radiography is essential.
what background knowledge is need of radiography?
- radiation characteristics
- image characteristics
- quality assurance
in addition to background information waht two things must the radiographer master?
- management basics
- technique concepts
what are the 7 duties and responsibilities of the dental radiographer?
- position and exposure of dental xray films
- processing of films
- mounting and identification of dental radiographs
- education of patients about dental radiography
- maintenance of darkroom and equipment
- implementing and monitoring of quality control procedures
- ordering of dental xray film and supplies
what are the 7 professional goals of a dental radiographer?
- patient protection
- operator protection
- patient education
- operator competence
- operator efficiency
- production of quality radiographs
- quality care