Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Mental Retardation
- intellectual d/a, cognitive impairment
MR must meet all 3 criteria, and they are?
- significantly subaverage intellectual functioning w/ an IQ of 70% or less
- onset before 18 yrs of age
- significant limitations in atleat 2 adaptive functioning areas
- IQ score is 50/55 - 70/75
- often not identified until school age "6th grade level"
- often referred to as educable MR (your basic job)
- greatest potential to adapt
- semi-skilled jobs and can be I or SI
- IQ Score is 35/40 - 50/55
- delays in preschool yrs
- limited acedemics
- sight words (basic vocab)
- functional reading and basic numbers 1-10
- the delays become more obvious as the child gets older
- trainable MR
- can hold unskilled jobs (walmart greeter)
- many moderate MR pts. live in community homes and can not live I
- IQ score is 20/25 - 35/40
- usually identified at birth
- other d/a associated with
- significant CNS damage & other handicaps
- training is very basic, like self-care practices and language development
- IQ score is >20/25
- unable to care to any personal needs
- w/c bound
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview