Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The Southwest Region of the United States:
Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma & New Mexico
Our first stop is Arizona.
- Arizona is known as the GRAND CANYON STATE.
- It is located in Arizona and stretches all the way to Colorado.
- The Grand Canyon is 18 miles wide.
- At average the Canyon is 5,000 ft deep.
- The Grand Canyon is 227 miles long.
- A trip to the bottom of the Grand Canyon on foot is a 2 day trip!
Our next stop is Texas.
- Texas is known as “The Lone Star State”
- It is the 2nd largest U.S. state by BOTH area and population!
San Antonio, Texas
- The Alamo is one of the most well known monuments in the state of Texas.
- It was built in 1744 and was used as a Missionary (to teach religion to the Native Americans) and as a Military Fortress.
Our next stop is Oklahoma.
*Capital: Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma has the most tornadoes in the U.S.
- If you play catch in the streets of Bartlesville, you’re breaking the law.
- It is against the law to take a bite out of another person’s hamburger.
- It is against the law to spit on a sidewalk.
- In Tulsa you may not open a soda bottle without the supervision of a licensed engineer.
Our last stop is New Mexico.
*Capital: Santa Fe
- Albuquerque hosts the world’s largest Hot Air Balloon Festival the first weekend in October.
- The Palace of the Governors in Santa Fe is the oldest government building in the nation.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview