Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
n. season, time of year
→ 빨리 병이 나으시기를 기원합니다
- v. to pray, supplicate, wish for
- →I pray for your early recory from illness
→나는 날짜를 꼽았다.
→그는 마을에서 첫째가는 부자로 꼽힌다
- v. to count (on one's fingers); to take (something as an example)
- →I counted the days on my fingers
- →He is taken to be the richest man in the village
→식사가 넉넉하게 준비뇌었다
- adj. to be enough, to be plenty
- → Sufficient food was prepared.
- n. farming, agriculture
- →to engage in agriculture (farming), to farm
→그는 나와의 관계를 다지고자 했다.
→그는 사회적 지위를 다지기 위해 무척 애썼다.
- v. to harden, strengthen, solidify, consolidate
- →He wanted to strength his relationship with me.
- →He struggled to consolidate his position in society.
v. to look like, resemble, take after, be similar to
- adj. to be representative of. (대표: representation; a representative.)
- →to represent
- →model student.
n. major holidays; national holidays; festival days
- v. to become ripe, mature, mellow
- →ripe (and soft) persimmons
- →well aged wine
- v. to knead (반죽: kneading)
- →to knead flour
- n. full moon (occurs on the fifteenth night of a lunar month)
- 보름: fifteen days, fifteenth day (of a lunar month)
- n. empty hand
- →empty-handed; not taking a present
v. to brew (rice wine); to make dough (만두, 송편); to makel to form
v. to grind; to powder
n. grave, tomb, ancestral burial ground
n. new year's day, first day of the year (=설날)
n. (to) visit (to) one's ancestral tomb
n. rice cake steamed on a layer of pine needles
- n. safety; regard
- →to inquire after someone's health.
- n. the five grains; all kinds of grain
- →rice (cooked) with four other staple grains
→음력 8월 15일
- n. lunar calendar (ant. 양력: solar calendar)
- →August 15th of the lunar calendar
→줄을 잇다 (줄을 이어)
- v. to join (one thing to another), connect, link. (ant. 끊다: to cut (off), to sever)
- →to line up (in a line)
- v. to convey, transmit, pass, impart
- →to have been passed down
- n. January full moon day (January 15th by lunar calendar)
- →정월: (lunar) January; 보름: full moon; (lunar) day 15.
- n. ancestor, forebear; ancestry
- →the progenitor of the human race
- →ancestral god
- n. rite honoring one's ancestors
- →to hold a service honoring one's ancestors
v. to visit (a senior person)
n. Korean thanksgiving; harvest moon day
n. acquaintance, friend
→금년은 풍년이 들 것 같다.
- n. year of abundance; good harvest
- →It seems we'll have a good harvest this year.
- adj. to be abundant, plentiful, ample, rich (풍부: abundance, plenty, wealth)
- →abundance of food
- →a great store of knowledge
- adj. to be abundant; to be affluent
- →an abundant crop of rice
n. Korean Thanksgiving (August 15 on lunar calendar; =추석)
- adj. to be at leisure, be off work; to be inactivel to be dull
- →the market is dull
n. new crop, the year's new grain (햇: new; 곡식: grain)
- n. event, function
- →annual function
- →(event of) celebration
→아이들이 떠들어서 내 정신이 헷갈린다.
- v. to be confused, be thrown off, be distracted, have scattered thoughts
- →the children are too noisy for me to concentrate.
→그들은 파티에서 흥겹게 놀았다.
- adv. delightfully, merrily, joyously (흥겹다: to be delightful, joyous, cheerful)
- →they had a lot of fun at the party