The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Nursing treatment/interventions for Impetigo Contagiosa
- Wear gloves!
- Treat with topical antibiotics
- Patients and caregivers should NOT touch lesions they SPREAD EASILY!
- Soften crusts with 1:20 Burrow's solution compresses
Nursing treatment/interventions for Scabies?
- TX all patients/contacts with topical scabicide (Elimite permetharine) 5%
- Massage into ALL skin surfaces from head to toes (skin folds and fingernails)
- Wear Gloves!
- After TX, reduce itching with ointments
- Rash/itching may persist for 2-3 weeks
- Treat secondary bacterial infections with antibiotics
Nursing treatment/interventions for Ringworm (Tinea).
- oral griseofulvin for weeks or months
- Local application of anti-fungal liquids/powders
- TX can take weeks-months depending on location
- avoid transmission (person-person/animal-person)
- avoid conditions of perspiration & heat
- Medication compliance
Thick, adherent, yellow, scaly, oily patches on the skin is indicative of?