Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- controlled by modern statutes.
- sentenced to death or imprisionment in state prision.
- MODEL PENAL CODE
- CALIFORNIA PENAL CODE
common law felonies
- punishable forfeiture of land, goods, or both
malum in Se
inharently bad in themselves, immoral. all common law felonies
- necessary to regulate the common good and welfare of the people
- driving regulations.
burden of proof
- beyond reasonable doubt
- can not be a matter of law, only matter of fact- jury
- effect- treating an element as a matter of law, will remove it from jury consideraton and thus violate the victims 6th ammendment right.
- with a defense. burden of evidence a matter for defendant, except for traditional defenses.self defense can be placed on fefendant, on insanity can be placed on defendant as well.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview