–adjective 1. violently or destructively frenzied; wild; crazed; deranged
3. any season or occasion of rejoicing or festivity. 4. rejoicing or jubilation.
–noun 1. (often lowercase) any large, overpowering, destructive force or object, as war, a giant battleship, or a powerful football team.
–verb (used without object) 1. to act in an obsequious manner; show servile deference. 2. to touch the forehead to the ground while kneeling, as an act of worship, reverence, apology, etc
–noun 1. a large, powerful, or violent whirlpool. 2. a restless, disordered, or tumultuous state of affairs: the maelstrom of early morning traffic.
2. (often lowercase) any place that many people visit or hope to visit
–noun 1. any very wealthy, influential, or powerful person.
2. any narrative or legend of heroic exploits. 3. Also called saga novel. a form of the novel in which the members or generations of a family or social group are chronicled in a long and leisurely narrative.
–noun 1. a peculiarity of pronunciation, behavior, mode of dress, etc., that distinguishes a particular class or set of persons. 2. a slogan; catchword.
–verb (used without object) 1. to travel or migrate, esp. slowly or with difficulty.
–noun 1. something added to another thing but not essential to it. 2. a person associated with lesser status, rank, authority, etc., in some duty or service; assistant.
–verb (used with object) 1. to mix or merge so as to make a combination; blend; unite; combine: to amalgamate two companies.
–adjective 1. touching; in contact. 2. in close proximity without actually touching; near.
–verb (used with object) 1. to pour out and spread, as a fluid. 2. to spread or scatter widely or thinly; disseminate.
–verb (used without object) 1. to move, lie, or extend in different directions from a common point; branch off. 2. to differ in opinion, character, form, etc.; deviate.
–noun 1. equality, as in amount, status, or character. 2. equivalence; correspondence; similarity; analogy.
–noun, plural -eries. 1. the external boundary of any surface or area. 2. the external surface of a body.
2. the cooperative action of two or more muscles, nerves, or the like
–verb (used with object) 1. to rise above or go beyond; overpass; exceed
5. a process in which all elements behave in the same way at the same time; simultaneous or synchronous parallel action
–verb (used with object), -brated, -brating. 1. to produce a faint image or resemblance of; to outline or sketch.
–adjective known or understood by very few; mysterious; secret; obscure; esoteric