Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Conditions conducive to interviewing
- Time, Space, Temp, Accommodations
- Will vary depending on the type of interview. Preparation for a particular situation is the key
External and Internal interview conditions
- Need to be aware of both to influence the “quality” of the interview. Remember you are trying to establish a communicative atmosphere.
- Involves both Verbal and Non-verbal responses
- Listening skills are a prereq for all interview responses and strategies. (not automatic)
- Listening occurs only with intent, effort and concentration on the part of the receiver.
Recognition of Non-Verbal’s
- Awareness of nonverbal behavior is essential in the listening process.
- Estimated that 65% or more of messages are conveyed by our conscious and unconscious nonverbal behavior.
- Like morals refers to human behavior
- Involves CRITICAL thinking about human problems (common sense)
- Heighten awareness as to possible ethical dilemmas by way of education, review with peers.
- Frequently review your own ethical behavior honestly
- Store relevant info for future use. Allows for further probing (remind to return to a topic)
- To serve as a reminder to carry out an action
- Refreshes memory
- Assists with our interviewing growth. (what did I miss)
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview