Ch. 16 lamb HMGT
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
a method of trimming racks or individual chops of meat, especially lamb, in which excess fat is cut away leaving the eye muscle in tact; all meat and connective tissue are removed from rib bone
meat of a sheep less than 1 year old.
is young lamb that hasn't been fed grass or grains.
contains 4 rib bones and arm, blade, and neck bones. commonly diced for stews or ground for patties.
breast and foreshank portions. contain rib, breast, and shank bones. Breast can ve stuffed and braised. Foreshankes are meaty and breased and served as entry or used for broths or ground
known as hotel rack. contain eight ribs. render meat. split racks can be grilled , broiled or roasted.
very tender except for flank.
contains several bones: backbone, tail, hip, aitch, round and shank bones. quite tender.
- anterior (front) portion of carcass after it is fevered from hindsaddle
- by cut following the natural curvature between 12th and 13th ribs.
- (Primal shoulder, breast, and foreshank and rack.
- posterior portion fo carcass after severed from foresaddle. It contains
- the primal loin and leg together with the kidneys.
the trimmed rack and loin section in 1 piece. Useful when producing large quantities of lamb chops.
Prilam hotel rack with the connecting breast sections
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview