Aerosol Drug Therapy
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is aerosol output defined as?
The mass of fluid or drug contained in aerosol
What is the output rate for aerosol?
Mass of aerosol generated per unit of time
What is the emitted dose of aerosol?
Describes the mass of drug leaving the mouthpiece as aerosol
What are the 3 factors that particle size depend on?
- 1. Substance being nebulized
- 2. Method used
- 3. Enviornmental conditions
What is the amount of drug inhaled called?
What is the portion of the are inhaled mass that can reach the lower airways called?
What is inertial impaction?
- Occurs when an aerosol in motion collides with a surface
- Primary deposition for larger particles
How does sedimentation occur?
- When aerosol particles settle out of suspension and are deposited due to gravity
- Primary deposition for small particles
What is the primary deposition mechanism for very small particles?
What is a primary hazard to aerosol therapy?
An adverse reaction to the medication
Most commonly used/prescribed method of aerosol therapy is?
MDI - metered dose inhaler
What does MMAD stand for and what do they do?
- Mass Median Aerodynamic Diameter
- Cascade impaction or volume median diameter
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview