The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Potent analgesic, weak anesthetic at 50% nitrous oxide with 50% oxygen
- CNS depressant with analgesic properties
- Pain of musculoskeletal origin, particularly fractures
- Suspected ischemic chest pain (BLS)
- Pregnancy (only in active labor)
- Unable to follow commands – due to interpretive problem, drugs, alcohol
- Altered LOC
- Significant COPD
- Any traumatic chest injury
- Any suspicion of pneumothorax, obstructed bowel (abd pain with distension)
- Decompression sickness (diving in last 48 hours)
- Pregnancy – except in active labor
(Onset, Duration,Adult Dosage,Pediatric Dosage,Route)
- Onset: ~50sec
- Duration: effects last only 2-5 minuets after administration ceases
- Dosage: (Adult and Ped)Self administrated inhalation until pain is relieved or patient drops the mask.
- Route: Inhalation by demand valve and mask
- Use in well ventilated area
- Ensure to invert tank three times prior to use
- Do not use outside if ambient temperature is below minus six degrees Celsius (-6°C).
- Do not use if frost on the tank
- Prolonged use can cause hypoxemia- provide supplemental Oxygen