Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Microscopic hairlike projections that sweep debris upwards and out of respitory tract. by coughing.
- At the end of terminal bronchioles.
- Exchange of gasses occur here.
- The act of air flowing in and out of lungs.
- There are two stages to Pulmonary Ventilation.
Two Stages of Pulmonary Ventilation.
Inspiration and Expiration
- Active stage of respiration.
- Involves muscles of the thorax for inhilation to occur.
Passive stage Pulmonary Ventilation.
External Respiration. Gas exchange at alveoli.
Internal Respiration. Where gasses exhange at cellular level.
Condition which body lacks O2.
Upper airway consists of...
Lower Airway consists of...
- Tracheobronchial tree
- Left and right main stem bronchi
- Segmented Bronchi
- Terminal Bronchi
Incomplete lung expansion or collapse of alveoli. Prevents exhange of gas by diffusion on the lungs.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview