Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Being reliable and dependable
Something you have to do to be a good responsible citizen.
a society in which many different groups and political parties are allowed to exist.
Rule of Law
The principle that no government or person is above the law
a group of people living in a particular local area
is the good of a community
a native or naturalized member of a state or other political community
- beliefs and values of democratic citizenship
- personal beliefs and values
- governing diverse communities
- inquiry and research skills
- decision making and conflict resolution
- collaboration- working together
- citizenship participation/ community involvement
human activity in which one individual or group opposed to another mobilizes support to obtain power to govern
ability of a group or individual to get what it wants
The right to give orders or make decisions
Use of threats or force to intimidate citizens. Example through army/police
- the ability to persuade people to do something
- Example through laws or advertising
A set of beliefs or values especially about how society should be organized and what goals it should persue
Leader is the boss and has the final say in all decisions
- Fast solutions
- Can control everyone
- Good during emergencies
- Everyone is not happy
- people don't get a choice
- leader supports open discussions and sharing of ideas between others
- Decisions are made through a consensus, agreement or voting.
- people can participate
- Majority Wins
- can take a lot of time
(Let it be)
- Leader refuses to accept leadership role and gives up assisting with decision making.
- Leader doesn't lead discussions or make any decisions.
- citizens have the power
- people could get out of control
- too much freedom
Right side of the political spectrum
- government should be as small as possible and not interfere too much in business
- lower taxes
- people should live by tradition
left of the political spectrum
- government has a responsibility to care for all people.
- higher taxes for special programs.
- open to new values that include personal freedoms.
- change should be reflective of society.
- individual right have high priority.
- something you are allowed to do with being punished.
- permissions for legal and moral nature
a system of decisions that uses a majority vote of members or elected representatives to make a decisions.
a system of government in which nationalism is promoted, labour and industries are regulated by a strong national government and all oppositions are suppressed
an economic system based on government control of the economy for the benefit of the people.
any economic system based on ownership by the community or workers of all property and the means of production and distribution.
lobbying can be divided into 3 categories
- 1) cooperative
- 2) Non-cooperation
- 3) Intervention
participation in a demonstration protesting
occupy land that is being misused
put yourself between people or groups that are trying to harm other
- refuse to buy goods from a certain company or country
- refuse to obey a law that you think is unjust
- refuse to pay taxes
- write letters of protest government representatives
- hold public meetings
- start a petition
- advertise a cause with flyers/posters/newsletters
electing a representative of their choice
practicing private advocacy with the goal of influencing a governing body so that an individual's or organization's point of view is represented in the government.
the rule or authority over a country, province, or district.
a caring, peaceful, and supportive society where humans are respected.
the absence of interference of the sovereiguty
the group that has more than 1/2 the voters wins
normal individual rights as applied to numbers of racial ethnic, religion groups
civics is the study of duties and right of citizenship.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview