Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
define hyperthymestic menory.
memory that is too good
retention of information over time
procedures that encourage patients to to recall memories that may or may not have happened
short term memory last for about ______ seconds
2 nmajor resons for forgetting
- interference: memories getting in the way of other memories.
- retroactive interference occurs when learning something new tampers with something we already know.
- proactive interfernece occurs when eariler learning gets in the way of newer learning
decay the longer we wait, the less we will remember
what is the digit span for most adults?
chunking refers to
organizing information into categories so we can remember them better in our short term memory
3 memory systems are....
sensory memory- while watching tv. Last for a second and gone forever. prepares the short term memory
short temrm meomory- also very brief 20 seconds
longterm memory ststained from minutes to years retention of information is stored ie.facts, experiences
auditory sensory memory system
the tendency to remember items at the end of a list
the tendency to recall information at the beginnin of a series
the inhabiltity to recall new memories from our experiences
damage to the __________ plays a key role in memory & leads to damage to ________memory but leaves _______ memory in tack
hippocampus -explicit- implicit
alzheimers begings with
newer memories ending with older memories
the circadian rhem
changes the occur in a 24 hour span + controls feelings of drowsiness
triggers feelings of sleepiness and increases after dark
stages of sleep 1
- brain activity goes down by 50%
- as we get deeper into sleep we experience scattered imagery in dreamlike images
stage of sleep 2
- k complexes only appear during sleep
- brain, heart, body tempurature goes down
- 65% of sleep is spent in this state
stages of sleep 3&4
delta waves are higher
stage 5 of sleep
- remm sleep (rapid eye movememnt)
- the brain is active while the body is inactive.
- most vivid dreaming occurs
- emotional and illogical dreams
knowing that your dreaming while your dreaming associated with anxiety dreams
sudden jerks during sleep
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview