The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
federal initiatives focused on developing education and social programs to serve young children and families
no child left behind act
all the plans that local, state, and national government and nongovernment organizations have for implementing their goals
federal programs established to provide grants to school districts to develop model programs to support school readiness and literacy
early reading first
The condition where an individual or family doesnt make sufficient income to support a minmum standard of living
The widely accepted practice of providing intervention strategies in the early years to help students overcome learning problems and future failure in school is supported by which of the following conclusions about brain research?
- a. heredity sets the limits, while environemnt determines the extent to which individuals achieve the limits.
- b.the period of most rapid intellectual growth occurs before age eight
- c.early experiences during critical/sensitive periods are so powerful that they can completely change the way children develop
- d. b and c only
- E..... ALL OF THE ABOVE.....
three of the statements below accurately describe the benefits of the family systems approach to providing for the needs of children and families. which statement is NOT acurate with reagard to the family-centered approach?
- a. teaching parents to read helps them understand the importantce of supporting and promoting their children in the learning and teaching process.
- b. helping families function means that everyone stands to benefit.
C....FAMILY SERVICES, SUCH AS AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE, DO NOT FALL WITHIN THE PARAMETERS OF THE FAMILY SYSTEMAS APPROACH TO PROVIDING FOR THE NEEDS OF CHILDREN
d. the holisic aproach to education and the delivery of services enables early childhood professionals and others to address a range of social concerns simultaneously