Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- To gain ownership
- We acquired a new tv last weekend.
- To make an enemy or stir up anger
- My brother constantly antagonizes me by coming in my room.
- Having the ability to do what is needed
- Are you competent enough to take the exam?
- To form or make up
- Eight planets comprise our solar system.
- 1. To match, to be equal to
- Her grades don't necessarily correspond with her intelligence.
- 2. To exchange letters with another person
- I correspond with my grandmother because I don't get to see her much.
- In poor condition due to neglect or age
- The bridge was dilapidated after the storm and we couldn't drive over it.
- Very famous, outstanding
- Roberto Clemente had an illustrious career in baseball before he was tragically killed.
- Something that happens in real life or a story
- I am shaken up over the incident at the playground.
- To receive something from someone after their death
- My grandma inherited a Plymouth Barracuda after her mother's death.
- The distance north or south of the equator
- Freedom from strict rules
- Unwilling or reluctant
- I was loath to let my brother borrow my prized possession.
- 1. To declare something to be true.
- Even though we thought she was lying, she maintained her story.
- 2. To continue in the same way or condition
- You have to keep working out to maintain your strength.
- 3. To keep in good condition
- We have to maintain our yard to keep it looking nice.
- To make like new again
- We are going to renovate our kitchen after we save enough money.
- 1. To scold in a harsh manner.
- I knew my mom would reprimand me when I didn't finish my homework.
- 2. A strong scolding from someone in authority
- The coach gave us a reprimand for not finishing our laps.
- To direct or manage activities
- I have to always supervise the children while I am babysitting.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview