Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Energy - the capacity to preform work.
- Kinetic energy - the energy of motion.
- - Heat: A type of Kinetic energy contained in the random motion of atoms and molecules.
- Potential energy - is energy that an object has because of its location.
Measurement of the amount of disorder or randomness in a system.
Comes from an arrangement of atoms.
Is the amount of energy that can raise the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 *C.
The Structure of Adenosine triphosphate (ATP)
It releases a Phosphate and becomes Adenosine diphosphate (ADP).
A process that requires that the molecules absorb energy from their surroundings.
- Substrate - A certain reactant molecule.
- Active site - Has the shape and chemistry that fit the substrate molecule.
- Induced fit - When an Active site changes slightly to fit the substrate.
Membrane proteins that help move substances across a cell membrane.
The movement of molecules of any substance so that they spread out into the available space.
Diffusion across a membrane
Diffusion of water through a permeable membrane.
Requeres that the cell expend energy to move molecules.
When secretory proteins exit the cell from transport vesicles and fuse with the Plasma Membrane.
Takes material into the cell within vesicles that bud inward from Plasma Membrane.
When a cell eats another
When a cell drinks another
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview