The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Variation in extended family includes:
- Family networks and cluster
- Affiliated families
Communes are defined as:
Intended communities that share request for togetherness and balance of responsibilities ( Twin Oaks)
3 tyeps of communes are:
Utopian Communes are:
Ideal society or community possesing a perfect sociao-political legal system
Evolutionary communes are made of :
These are high achiversand people over 30 , post children , opinion leaders and some go out for financial support.
Religious communes are:
These communes are consisting of monestaries and are highly structured with authorian leaders, stron work ethics and self sustaining, withdrawn from society and very family oriented. ( Amish)
Family/networks/clusters ( Fredrich Stoller)
A circle of families who meet together regularely and frequantly share recipricol fashion intimate secrets.
The three components of the family/networks/clusters:
- Circle of families: Ideal is 3 families. They need to have regular and frequant meetings before intimacy can be established.
- Recipricol: give and take
- Extension of values: share belifes
Affiliated families are ( Clavan and Vatter):
Any combination of husband, father, wife mother and their kids + one or more elder with them. Persons recoganized as part of kin network and called by a designated kin term.
What are some factors associated with affiliated families:
- Commitment is voluntary( it is not about the money)
- Adoption of an older person
The Attributes of the affiliated family include:
- Propinquity ( location,proximity,and living close to someone)
- Voluntary( commitment to each other
Degree of religiousity impacts weather a couple with live toghether or not.(cohabitation, Glick and Spanier)
It is love not marriage that is regarded as making a sexual act moral.
Woman and man are delaying marriage because they still want:
Physical and emotional closeness.