Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what is social justice? what does it target?
- targets major institutions
- on equality, fairness, responsibility
theories are? thesis?
- a way of seeing.
- thesis can alwaqys be wrong adjusted and altered
- comprehensiveness is better than non comprehensiveness
susan george on globalization
- says it has not helped the world. but has didvied the world
- trying to be as netural as possible
- fairly evaluating something
globalizationg makes the world_______
how does globalization effect the world?
- shortens time and space (ie processed foods)
- money driven busniess perspective
- takes advantage of cheap labour
what is neo liberalism
blends of liberal views with encouragement of economic growth
is neo liberalism good or bad
- bad because organizations use thier powers to make money off of society but have no reguard for how they effect the land.
- done by co oporations
what is the world system
the world system is the way globalization is.
is susan for or against globalization
she is not against globalization she is only against the way it is mandated.
what is a market force
market forces shape most of our relationships with others in terms of our values, intrest
what would happen if the economy gets worse
market forces will influence us more
what are the 2 market forces
- privatization - privatizing schools, water, health care.
- Deregualtion the removal of govenmantal controls over a industry or sector= competition
susan george what is the modest hope
is manufacturing everthing for the enviroment - solar pannels
whats is the theory of capitalism
that capitalism can fix everything
what is one of geoges concerns
- she does not expect the govenment to resepect the earth unless
- it makes them a profit
- they are forced to
- it will damage their reputation
what does it mean to externalize a cost
recieving a benifit and having another person pay for it
what are the commons
humans, and their values
capitalism is always about
efficiency, the market is based on profit and not the smae views of people
what is deathly scielent market
- the marke goes up while natre goes down
- the market never tipps off when profits are low
who are the actors
public gov;t institutions
private large co orprations pepsi that want to expand
what is the oecd
it began in 1975 it is an umbrealla organization for the wwt regualtion- most compainies will join does not focus on production or ethics
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview