Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Types of cohabitations are:
- Temporary Casual convenience: does not need to be an intimate relationship ( apt with a roommate)
- Affectionate dating: people live together because they enjoy being together and will live together as long as it is mutually enjoyable.
Trial marriage is: ( part of cohabitation)
- Engaged to be engaged.
- Couples discover even if they want to marry each other
Temporary alternative to marriage:
Poeple are in a commited relationship and waiting for a better time to marry
Permanent alternative to marriage:
- Couple does not want to get married
- Reject the idea of marriage
- Live together as spouse
- Many older people avoid marriage to continue getting pension
Marriage Vs. Cohabitation:
- Transitory nature of living together
- Different commitments
- Social support
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview