Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the two substance inside of the lipid core?
What is on the lipid outer core of CM?
Where are CM made?
Which is higher in lipids, CM or VLDL/LDL?
CM (VLDL/LDL have higher conc. of proteins)
Where is Lipoprotein lipase found and what activates it?
Where is VLDL made?
What is the main role of transfer for LDL?
- Cholesterol to liver (70%)
- Cholesterol to tissues (30%)
What is the molecule that stores cholesterol esters in the liver?
What are the two best drugs to use in combination to lower blood cholesterol?
- Resin (increase LDL Receptor production)
- Statin Drug (inhibit HMG CoA Reductase)
Does HDL take up CE or just C?
- Cholesterol only (not esterified cholesterol)
- It is the good cholesterol (LDL is the bad cholesterol)
What is the factor that converts cholesterol to CE in HDL?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview