MGMT 340 Ch. 11
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- The process by which information is transmitted and understood between two or more people
- Transmitting the sender’s intended meaning (not just symbols) is key of good communication
put into words or symbols
2 way communicating
Form message--> Encode--> Receive -->Decode--> Form feedback--> Encode--> Receive--> Decode
The automatic process of sharing another person’s emotions by mimicking their facial expressions and other nonverbal behavior
- Ex: like when someone slouches... we would do the same thing
- Ex: we are in good mood and surrounded by bad mood ppl-----> we get into a bad mood
- Verbal differences- Language
- Nonverbal differences-Voice intonation, Facial expressions, Physical distance
- Ex: Eat sushi bad form to place chopsticks on plate. Have to set on a holder/ make one.
- pg. 56
rely on nonverbal communication and situational cues
rely on verbal communication and more logical information
Getting Your Message Across
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview