AA and Catecholamine.txt
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
When is Arginine an essential AA?
Only during rapid fetal growth
What hormone stimulates PNMT?
What is Alpha-methyldopa use for pharmaceutically?
How are catecholamines recycled?
Monoamine reuptake (NET, DAT)
What drug inhibits monoamine reuptake?
What is the role of VMAT-2?
- Uptake of catecholamines into presynaptic vesicles
- (H+/Catecholamine antiport)
What is the role of MAO?
degrade catecholamines into an acid if they are not taken up by their Monoamin reuptake (like NET)
What causes Parkinson's disease?
- Lack of Dopaminergic neurons
- Dopamine cannot cross BBB alone
What is the function of Ldopa and what must accompany it to work?
- It can cross the BBB
- Helps raise levels of Dopamine by activating AADC
- Carbidopa is used to inhibit AADC so Dopamine is not created and rejected
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview