Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Final soil-froming force.
- It determins how water moves and how quickly soil erodes.
Soil Profile-the layers called horizons defer in color and compostion of layers. not all Horizons are present in all soils
- A-litter and topsoil
- C-transition zone
- D-parent material
occurs when rock and soilparticles are detached by wind and water, transported away, and deposited in to another location.
loss of soil from land is a major problem facing A.C
Classifiecation of soil erosion
- Natural erosion: occurs in areas in the absence of human intervention, happens at a slow rate that new soil is repalcing it.
- Acelerated erosion:human activities such as overgrazing, fast rate that outstrips the formation of new soil.
- The processes by witch an area becomes a desert.The rapid depletion of plant life and the loss of topsoil at desert boundaries and in semiarid regions, usually caused by a combination of drought and the overexploitation of grasses and other vegetation by ppl.
building cities, highways, shopping malls.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview