Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the abdominal muscles
Rectus Abdominis, Transverse Abdominis, Obliques internal and external
What are the orgin and insertion of the rectus abdominis?
- O- pubic crest adn sumphysis
- I- Xiphoid process, costal cartilage of ribs 5,6,7
What are the orgin and insertion of external obliques? What direction does the muscle fibers run?
- O-External surface of 5-12 ribs inferior borders
- I- Abdominal aponeurosis to linea alba, pubic crest, pubic tubercle, and anterior iliac crest
- The fibers run downward
What are the orgin and insertion of internal obliques? What directions do the fibers run?
- O-Thoracolumbar facia, inguinal ligament ,iliac crest
- I- 10,11,12 ribs anterior borders, linea alba and crest of pubis via conjoint tendon
The fibers run upward
What are the insertion and orgin of transvers abdominis? What direction does the fibers run?
- O- Inguinal ligament, iliac crest, thoracolumbar facia
- I- linea alba, pubic crest and pecten of pubis via conjoint tendon.
the fibers run horizontally
This compresses the abdomen and a muscle of resperation
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview