The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
established opinion amongst group of people.
Three major macromolecules of molecular bio?
- 1. DNA: stores 411 long term.
- 2. RNA: messenger, mobile/short term.
- 3. Proteins: perform the function.
Parts of a nucleotide:
- 1. 5 Carbon Pentose: locate carbon ring (DNA: deoxyribose, RNA: ribose)
- 2. Phosphate Group: located on 5' chain. react with OH on 3'.
- 3. Nitrogenous Base: attached to 1' of carbon.
Two groups of nitrogenous bases?
- 1. pyrimidines: 1 carbon ring (cytosine, thymine)
- 2. purines: 2 carbon rings (adenine, guanine)